January 7, 2010

Tres Leches Goodness

Tres Leches cake is ridiculous. Its SO rich and light at the same time. And as the name would suggest, very milky. In my quest to cook something new every week, I decided to try this cake from The Pioneer Woman. Clearly this isn't going to help the weight loss goal but I just love to bake so I'll just have to hit the gym a little harder. Or really just go (I blame it on jetlag - I've been too tired this week).



The cake is super easy to make and the only things you probably won't already have are condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream and whole milk (yeah I guess its technically Quatro Leches cake).

I didn't add rum this time, but I think I just might next time...

*Images via The Pioneer Woman

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. This cake looks yummy and thanks for the link to The Pioneer Woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad i came across your blog! my current post is about cooking one new thing every month. i will def be following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it good? I tried it years ago and it was a disaster (of course I was a teenager and I had my dad's help, which doesn't mean much...) I love the Pioneer Woman and everything she cooks looks yummy but she's a pro so I trust you better :)
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ A Diary of Lovely - it actually was good! I made some mistakes (the bottom of the cake stuck to the pan a little but when I covered it with the whip cream you couldn't tell. Try it again now - you'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cake looks amazing!! And I just found your blog! I don't know why I didn't have it before. But this post alone would make me a follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin