I'm so honored to be nominated by one of my favorite new blogs jaeve + things! She has such a cute tagline that I completely relate to - "random and erratic and thats OK".
So the rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award. - Thanks again jaeve + things!
- Copy the award and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
- Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate
So here are 7 random things about me...
- My name is Charmi but my family and friends who have known me pre-high school all call me Melissa (my middle name). When I was going to kindergarten I insisted on going by Melissa and it just stuck. I was a stubborn ass 5 year old I guess. When I got to high school I finally realized that I liked my first name so I switched back. Its led to a decent amount of confusion - when I got to college my Dad would call and if my roomate picked up she would constantly tell him there was no Melissa there and hang up on him.
- I have a serious fear of spiders. I just can't handle all those legs...so gross. Honestly its really all bugs but especially spiders.
- I've never owned a car. In high school I used my parents car. I went to college in Boston and grad school in NYC so I never needed one. Right out of grad school I started consulting so I traveled 5 days a week every week. Now I just use my husbands car since he walks to work.
- I have zero memories before the age of 5 or 6. I really cannot remember anything. Is that weird?
- I was born with pin straight hair but I have wavy/curly hair now. I got a perm in 5th grade (I looked like a brown poodle) and it was never straight again. At least naturally.
- I have 3 older brothers and we were all born in June and July. Our birthdays all fall in a 4 week period and my eldest brother's birthday is the day before mine.
- I love sleeping but hate taking naps. They make me feel really crabby(aka bitchy), disoriented and even more tired. I would rather just sleep for hours and hours (my record is 16 hours!) but these days I can't really sleep in anymore. I guess it means I'm all grown up now and my body is used to getting up for work and other boring adult things.
Okay now for tagging 7 blogging friends. I love SO many blogs but I'll have to start with these...